Did you know that May is Better Hearing Month? As organizations, public-health advocates, and others across the country mark the occasion to raise awareness about the growing prevalence of hearing loss and the importance of treatment, Hill Country Hearing has teamed up with Mayor Michael Schultz to locally designate May as Better Hearing Month in Boerne, TX.
In the spirit of Better Hearing month, here are five more things to know:
- More than 48 million Americans have some form of hearing difficulty, but nearly all hearing loss is treatable.
- With increased use of MP3 players and earbuds, the number of Americans experiencing hearing loss at a younger age is growing.
- Noise, ear infection, head trauma, medication, the normal aging process, and many other factors can contribute to hearing loss.
- Today’s hearing technology includes digital, invisible, and even wireless options for maximal active hearing.
- Effective treatment for hearing problems starts with an evaluation by your audiologist, who can determine the best solution.